SctpDrv: an SCTP driver for Microsoft Windows
SctpDrv is a package which provides an SCTP (Stream Control Transmission Protocol) driver and SCTP library for Microsoft Windows.
It was originally developed by co-research between CO-CONV, Corp. and
See the documentation for information about the history of SctpDrv.
SctpDrv is provided as a kernel driver which contains the SCTP stack.
A Winsock provider dll is registered with Windows and gets called
whenever an application wants to send data over SCTP. This way,
the functionality is provided transparently to applications:
is just another protocol available in the
function call. The SCTP specific functions such as
are provided by linking to the
SctpDrv works on 32-bit (x86 aka i386) Windows XP and 32 and 64-bit (x64 aka x86_64) versions of Windows Vista and Window 7.
It can work over either IPv4 or IPv6, and doesn't require IPv6 to be installed.
See the online documentation for general documentation, details of the implemented SCTP API functions, features etc.
Installer packages can be downloaded from http://www.bluestop.org/SctpDrv/releases/
Version 12.05.0 - 27th May 2012http://www.bluestop.org/SctpDrv/releases/12.05.0
Bug fixes and changes since 1.1.6
Version 1.1.6 - 5th November 2010http://www.bluestop.org/SctpDrv/releases/1.1.6
Bug fixes and new features since 1.1.5
- SctpDrv.SctpSocket.dll provides a .NET interface to SctpDrv.
- Fixed use-after-free in ClientPnPDelNetAddress
- Fixed use of completion ports
- Integrated fixes from upstream sctpCVS
Version 1.1.5 - 11th June 2010http://www.bluestop.org/SctpDrv/releases/1.1.5/
Bug fixes and new features since 1.1.4
- sctp.sys is now signed with an Authenticode certificate, and no longer requires test signing to be enabled.
- Fixed select() function when called via WOW64.
- Created a Vista build.
- All memory allocation failures are now handled.
- Fixed Cygwin support:
- The calling convention is now specified so applications can link to sctpsp.lib.
- Extra Cygwin-specific code was added so that the sctp_ functions work.
- netinet/sctp.h and netinet/sctp_uio.h are installed under the "inc" directory.
- Fixed uninstallation: the sctp service wasn't being removed: it now gets deleted.
- Private PDB files are now installed in the bin directory so users can obtain stack traces.
- The NetSh registry key was being removed during uninstallation, causing other commands to be removed. Now only the value is removed, not the entire key.
- A merge module is now produced for each platform/architecture to allow users to integrate SctpDrv into their own products.
- Lots of fixes to the core SCTP stack merged from BSD.